Looking for bulk removal air scribe recommendations in the Junior Jack range

mamlambo

Hi All

I'm looking to get a rough work air scribe and have 3 options so far (let me know if you have any other to look at please!):

• PaleoTools Junior Jack
  • ZOIC Paleotech T Rex
  • Ken Mannion SQ

This is to work on some large New Zealand concretions. Has anyone got any experience using any of these or ideally, have used multiple of them?

Thanks so much!

@RJB I think you have a Junior Jack, any experience with any of the others?

i dont know anything about the junior jack but i know both the t rex and the ken mannion are outstanding pens that would work great from what ive heard and seen

• I found this Informative 3

Hi @mamlambo    Its called the Super Jack and it does remove a lot of rock much faster than the ME9100 which removes rock faster then the aro.   Even faster than that is a 4 inch angle grinder with diamond blade.

RB

SplitcrabB.JPG

SplitcrabC.JPG

7 hours ago, RJB said:

Hi @mamlambo    Its called the Super Jack and it does remove a lot of rock much faster than the ME9100 which removes rock faster then the aro.   Even faster than that is a 4 inch angle grinder with diamond blade.

RB

SplitcrabB.JPG

SplitcrabC.JPG

Ahhh yes, the old diamond bladed angle grinder.  I’m generally apprehensive of doing mass destruction when blind cutting, but love using it to safely cut matrix pieces down to tiles.  So much better than beating rocks to pieces with hammer and chisel.  My casualty rate dropped considerably after getting a low cost saw and blade at H-arbor F-reight.  I still cringe over past losses caused by impact vibration with hand tools.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

i use the Model SQ by ken mannion and find i works well on hard nz concretions and works well on bulk removal

• I found this Informative 2

The trex is quality mate. If you’re willing to wait, they’re bringing out an absolute beast of a pen in the not too distant future.  

I also have a Super Jack and love it. It does require a significant amount of air to drive it. My compressor can’t keep up with it at 100% capacity but even at 50% it will rip through the matrix.