Uncle Siphuncle

Very informative.  My current lineup consists of just an ME-9100 and an ARO.  Some of my open ground close work is accomplished by rubbing away matrix with the side of the stylus tip with close guidance via mag visor (plus dust mask and ear plugs) in bright natural lighting.

If I were willing to allocate more $$$, I’d also get a chisel pointed heavy hitter for bulk matl removal, like cleaning out ammonite centers, and a micro jack.  In the meantime, my low budget workarounds are an old school hammer and suite of cold chisels for bulk removal, and a utility blade for fine details such as crab faces and trilobite ribs.  A light dolomite blast often cleans up remaining haze. 

However, I think I’d more enjoy the satisfaction of an efficient tool for each task, as you have.

Malcolmt

They are like rabbits .... they breed ........everytime you look around there's another one

Ludwigia

Thanks for showing us your scribes. Quite a good variety. I can get along fine for my purposes with my HW-60, HW-70 with various points and the air abrader, but I don't do as much fine work as you do, so if I ever really get into that I'd have to make some additions. I find this post to be good advice and would suggest to the Moderator that it be pinned.

Ptychodus04

I don't have a pic because I have to keep my family members separated or they start to fight. :P

I use a Super Jack with a chisel point stylus for major bulk removal (It will wreck matrix like a jackhammer), next step finer is the ME9100. It's my go to for general work on larger specimens. Then, I move to the ARO and the finest scribe I have is the Micro Jack 4. I also employ micro abrasive regularly.

I do a lot of work on small to medium sized Green River Formation fish. The Aro is good for bulk removal on them and the MJ4 is only for getting stubborn bits off. I rely heavily on abrasives since the fish are so delicate. Also, all fix are prepped under a microscope with searchlight levels of illumination.

Phevo

Is this what they call an aspiration picture?