Need an opinion

jnicholes

I need an opinion on how my framed my fossils and put them on the wall.

Do you think it looks good?

The right is Knightia eocaena. Bottom is 2 Diplomystus dentatus, left is a Mioplosus labracoides, top is a Phareodus testis.

A4F547F3-AA64-4DCF-A1DA-2F55E4C722B7.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

The frames look great; but did you intend to hang the right and left at different heights? I really like your room's wall paneling. The rustic wood just seems to go well with fossils. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Aside from the asymmetry, I think it looks nice. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

a very nice collage. Perhaps a non glare picture frame glass would help. The staggered looks is okay with me. 

I agree with the left and right needing to be at the same height, but other than that it looks very nice. :)

First of all, your presentation looks great. But since you asked, I will respond. My eye immediately noticed an even number of pictures, even before the asymmetrical arrangement. I must wall displays  using ODD numbers, as that is much more aesthetic to my eyes. So, find yourself one more fossil, frame it in a small frame. Then arrange two pictures to the left, the big fish in the middle, then two small frames on the right. This will draw your eye to your best fish!! Otherwise break your 4 frames into an arrangement of three and a lone picture off to the side. 

Mike

ps, 

Here is evidence for my suggestion:

Interior Design 101: The Rule of Three – Welsh Design Studio

www.welshdesignstudio.com › interior-design-rule-of-t...

Groupings of items in odd numbers tend to look dynamic and more natural to us. ... You know how some people just seem to have a knack for arranging things in ...

5 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

First of all, your presentation looks great. But since you asked, I will respond. My eye immediately noticed an even number of pictures, even before the asymmetrical arrangement. I must wall displays  using ODD numbers, as that is much more aesthetic to my eyes. So, find yourself one more fossil, frame it in a small frame. Then arrange two pictures to the left, the big fish in the middle, then two small frames on the right. This will draw your eye to your best fish!! Otherwise break your 4 frames into an arrangement of three and a lone picture off to the side. 

Mike

ps, 

Here is evidence for my suggestion:

Interior Design 101: The Rule of Three – Welsh Design Studio

www.welshdesignstudio.com › interior-design-rule-of-t...

Groupings of items in odd numbers tend to look dynamic and more natural to us. ... You know how some people just seem to have a knack for arranging things in ...

Thanks for the advice. I’ll try it out as soon as I get three more frames. I actually have three more fossils that need to be framed. An Ammonite, a petrified wood specimen, and a Coprolite specimen.