Unknown shells

Top Trilo

I don’t remember exactly where I found these either Florida South Carolina or North Carolina but I was wondering what some of these were if it’s possible to tell and are they fossilized? 1 looks like a turitellid gastropod, 2, 5, and 6 all have the squared off hinge and may be all the same but the colors are different 3 is not symmetric but angled to one side, 7 are cool and spiky, 8 are slightly angled but the hinge part isn’t well preserved

9 I have no clue they may all be different 10 I also have no idea, 11 is some sort of shell, 12 another snail shell and no clue on 13. Any and all help is appreciated, there is a lot I don’t know about there, oh and they are all on an 8 by 11 inch piece of paper.

Let me know if you need additional photos of any

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

7E664781-53C1-4A2B-83B5-6C0BF9092AE5.thumb.jpeg.ce8b0335041d9dcd885d4c1321fd5946.jpeg

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

2, 5 & 6 : pectinidae.

11 : probably Crepidula, but we should see the bottom.

12 : Olividae.

Coco

• I found this Informative 2

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Some research shows  9 may be anomia, 1 may be terebridae, 8 may be Plicatula, 7 arcinella

Agreed with Coco and minnbuckeye. I'll add that 9 and 13 look like Anomiidae

• I found this Informative 1

Look like worn modern shells to me. Although some color patterns can be preserved, they aren’t that close, and the slight sheen doesn’t seem fossilized. Fossils either have none or a very consistent sheen. Still, cool finds.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

8 hours ago, Thomas.Dodson said:

Agreed with Coco and minnbuckeye. I'll add that 9 and 13 look like Anomiidae

Yes https://naturalhistory.museumwales.ac.uk/britishbivalves/browserecord.php?-recid=10

Like T. T., I think they are recent species, but they are interesting too, I collect them...

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Thanks everyone, I though they were modern but wasn't positive. Glad I got some ID's still