Possible petrified wood?

Lulu88

Hello :)

we have had tremendous amounts of rain where I am, causing the rivers to run wild Andalusia areas to flood. 
now that it has subsided, I like to go and look for unique things I’m the rivers (gold too ;) ) 

ove always collected things because they look different or they have a beauty about them. 

a lot of the hillside along the river has been exposed and there we’re aloe of interesting things around. If I had stayed any longer though I’d have been burnt to a crisp. 

could anyone shed light on what these could be? I could only come up with possible petrified wood. But thought maybe it was something to do with the fires we had but they are heavy and definitely rock solid. Found at the river at the base of some cliffs in glenreagh. 

2 hours ago, Lulu88 said:

I’m so sorry if I’m doing this wrong, if I should be posting a new submission for each let me know

You're doing fine. This looks like ironstone to me. Wood can be preserved by ironstone, but I see no clear indication of it here.

• I found this Informative 2

I'm in agreement with ironstone. They often form those bands which can mimic petrified wood.