Nanotyrannus teeth is real?

Josesaurus rex

Hola a todos. He estado viendo publicaciones durante mucho tiempo con dientes de nanotyrannus. Lo que me gustaría saber es si usted, que tiene más experiencia en la recolección de fósiles, podría identificarlos como pertenecientes a ese dinosaurio o no. De antemano muchas gracias.

(Translated:

Hello everyone. I've been looking at posts for a long time with nanotyrannus teeth. What I would like to know is whether you, who have more experience in collecting fossils, could identify them as belonging to that dinosaur or not. Beforehand thank you very much.)

2DFA7CD5-2AA5-4C2F-A06B-E8720A7DFA09.png

C24A2170-8593-4290-88D2-828494BC1E34.jpeg

99114D03-13FE-4137-A7AD-79A976594058.png

Edited by JohnJ
Translated to English. Please post in English.

yes its real and a good one at that, nice serrations:) also that seller is a trusted source i would say at this point

Base photograph would certainly help. You'd be looking for small indents that, to my knowledge, appear in most but not all Nanotyrannus teeth at the base. It'll look compressed.

It looks like a genuine small tyrannosaurid tooth to me. If the locality matches then it's a Nanotyrannus

Pictures of the tooth cross section would help of course

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

in the original post there are no more photos.  However, in other publications of the same seller, which are also by nanotyrannus there are more photos.  I'll upload them anyway.

5DDD800E-2F51-4EDD-BD11-17E93BC321EE.png

0740AEFC-8602-4417-9831-8EEDF0B23633.png

On 1/22/2021 at 7:05 PM, Josesaurus rex said:

in the original post there are no more photos.  However, in other publications of the same seller, which are also by nanotyrannus there are more photos.  I'll upload them anyway.

5DDD800E-2F51-4EDD-BD11-17E93BC321EE.png

0740AEFC-8602-4417-9831-8EEDF0B23633.png

On 1/27/2021 at 1:53 PM, BellamyBlake said:

It looks like Nanotyrannus to me based on the base

You cannot make a determination of identification founded on the appearance of the base by using photos of an entirely different tooth!

Each tooth is unique. And just because the seller’s other pictured teeth are listed as Nanotyrannus, doesn’t mean they are. And even if all the seller’s Nanotyrannus teeth are correctly identified, it doesn’t mean that this particular tooth is therefore one too.

• I found this Informative 1

21 hours ago, hxmendoza said:

You cannot make a determination of identification founded on the appearance of the base by using photos of an entirely different tooth!

Each tooth is unique. And just because the seller’s other pictured teeth are listed as Nanotyrannus, doesn’t mean they are. And even if all the seller’s Nanotyrannus teeth are correctly identified, it doesn’t mean that this particular tooth is therefore one too.

I see where I went wrong. I believed the photos were of the same tooth. I stand corrected. Obviously, photos of the base of this particular tooth are needed for an ID.

• I found this Informative 1

On 4/2/2021 at 3:51, hxmendoza said:

¡No puede hacer una determinación de identificación basada en la apariencia de la base usando fotos de un diente completamente diferente!

Cada diente es único. Y solo porque los otros dientes ilustrados del vendedor estén listados como Nanotyrannus, no significa que lo sean. E incluso si todos los dientes Nanotyrannus del vendedor están correctamente identificados, no significa que este diente en particular también lo sea.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:16, BellamyBlake said:

Veo dónde me equivoqué. Creí que las fotos eran del mismo diente. Me quedo corregido. Obviamente, se necesitan fotos de la base de este diente en particular para una identificación.

Unfortunately there are no more photos of the base of the tooth.  Similarly, thank you for your explanations.  They have been quite clarifying. :dinothumb: