I didn't know what to think

MoRockHunter

So I went to a big cave yesterday and the ceiling was about 40 to 50 high in most spots but I noticed what it think are crinoids embedder into the ceiling and look at the world a little differently now.

First to get to the cave we had to climb a steep hill and the entrance was about 60 or so feet off the ground and anyway I just found it crazy that even though you could tell that huge layers of the cave had fallen in at different times it's just blows my mind to think that the water level used to be this high and also that must be a long time period right? I mean these things are from ceiling to ground floor making it at least 70 feet deep and so I wonder how can this time period be accurately dated? 

I don't think it can.

Dang that sucks I really wanted to put some pics on here but I can't because only can put 3.9 mb and just one pic is 13mb.....they are really nice fossils too

These two topics show how to resize photos so that they can be posted on the forum. Looking forward to seeing the images!

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Due to mountain building and thrust, tectonics, and erosion, layers that  in the distant past was sea floor can now be higher.  ;) 

Geologic forces at work.  And yes, due to location and the types of fossils things can be relatively accurately dated. 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me