Hello i just buy right now ammonite fossil with crystals on it

Tseytlin

So guys its very randomly im not collector or something like this - I buy through auction houses , and I buy a fossil last day because its was on low price and no one wanted to buy it. I tried to search any information to how recognize if its fake or real and value there is no information about it , so I will be happy to get more information about it. I buy it inexpensively.

I know its above 100g didn't weight it still because it's shipping to me right now and he got lot of minerals crystal and the things that grow on it with the years 

There is the pictures , sorry for bad english  :) 

Screenshot_2021-01-24-07-47-55-307.png Screenshot_2021-01-24-07-47-48-921.png

Screenshot_2021-01-24-07-47-43-418.png

• I found this Informative 1

Looks like a genuine sliced and polished ammonite, probably from Madagascar. I'm not good with the ID on these, perhaps someone else can give you a genus name.

Nice purchase, and welcome to the forum! :)

Real cut and polished ammonite. Nice piece. And sorry but the forum rules prohibit giving price values.

Real ammonite. Cleoniceras besairei from Ambarrimaninga Formation of Madagascar. They have also been called Aioloceras

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

It can be Cleoniceras, or Aioloceras as stated above. This might be hard to tell, as polishing has badly damaged sculpture. I have found there is some disagreement among paleontologists, whether these 2 genera are synonyms or not. Important to know is, that there is not only question, whether it is one of these 2 genera. It could also be Beudanticeras and I personall thinky it is more likely Beudanticeras.