Rockin' Ric

Hello All! I got out in the beautiful weather to fossil hunt yesterday. The temps started off in the 30's, quite chilly and eventually rose to the high 50's by noon. I've been to this site known for its fossilized trackways but never had any luck finding any but was always satisfied with the fern fossils that came out of there! Today was a lil' different...when I set foot onto the site I see this 4-foot boulder that was calling my name. I started splitting it, splitting came with such ease and the first two layers didn't yield anything but on the third I got this, both positive and negative slabs (second pic). It has a combination of Stiaria, Tonganoxichnus trackways (arthropod) and a Tetrapod trackway (Nanopus reidiae?) Finally! I couldn't contain my excitement! After I calmed down I began to look for fern fossils...I sat to take a breather, it was taxing to maneuver between the berms. I see this stone (first pic) that looked splittable, grabbed it and the rest is history! The first picture is Nanopus reidiae, Manus and Peds trackway. Definitely the find of the day! Patience does pay off and I was guessing I was done for the day! It was good to meet both fossilDAWG and aplomado on site, Fossil Forum members where I can put faces with the user names, hope they were able to find good stuff! 

IMG_20210124_134922.jpg

IMG_20210124_134946.jpg

IMG_20210124_134856.jpg

• I found this Informative 13

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!

If history repeats itself, I'm SO getting a dinosaur. ~unknown

www.rockinric81.wixsite.com/fossils

Wow! Nice trackways, and meeting fossil friends is like icing on the cake. Congrats on the awesome day. :thumbsu:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Congratulations, Ric!

Great finds, and great company to share them with!

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• 4 weeks later...