Hello, any thoughts on this?

A Grallator, from Portland Formation, South Hadley, MA.  6 inch by 5 inch.

It looks like other Grallator tracks that I've seen for sale, but it seems very distinct--more distinct than other prints I've seen for sale. Most seem to need highlighting to bring the print out, but this is very clear without any highlightingwhich makes me a bit suspicious. So, an opinion of whether it looks legit rather than a carved one would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

It may be the pictures, but the matrix does not look like Portland Formation material that I have seen in the past. 

Also, the toe prints on the left and center digit impressions look odd, and almost sideways.  :unsure: 

The right digit is not splayed out, and is rather tight to the middle digit. 

It could be a pathological foot print. I don't think it's fake, just odd looking.  :headscratch:

Doesn't look carved to me.   

Odd raised ridge in the center of the print: 

6.thumb.jpg.4ac7613faf3f3b9856cfa50013972f3e.jpg  4.thumb.jpg.80c8030c06b203dc373514df57303fb0.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

If it's real, it's a very nice track.  I will say that, from the side, the banding and separation of rock layers look very similar to my grallator print:

IMG_7150.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

I've been following this one too. Maybe not a perfectly positioned print, but I think it's real and quite nice.

It certainly looks real to me

Also, I can't imagine the effort it would take to carve out a realistic-looking grallator print. A mould I could believe but I digress, this looks like an authentic dinosaur track to me

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thanks for the help everyone. Glad it checked it---the fact it was so clear compared to others gave me doubts, but glad it seems ok. And .... the auction has ended and I missed it. That's annoying. Thought I had a few days left. Maybe whoever bid made an offer instead.

1 hour ago, Mousehead said:

Oh noooo! But there will be others, don't worry.

Yeah, theres always more out there. Besides it frees up 50 quid to go for another fossil I have my eyes on

Not sure why they ended the auction? I thought maybe you made the guy an offer he couldn't refuse! Ha ha. For the record I was thinking of jumping in on this one myself!

1 hour ago, jhw said:

Not sure why they ended the auction? I thought maybe you made the guy an offer he couldn't refuse! Ha ha. For the record I was thinking of jumping in on this one myself!

On the listing it says sold, so im guessing someone jumped in and made an offer to end it early.

Shame, it was a lovely print.