jikohr

Hey everyone, I recently got a bunch of stuff from Mazon Creek, which I have zero experience with. I would really appreciate some help in identifying this stuff, so here's a few of the things.

Everything is from Mazon Creek Pennsylvanian in siderite concretions, the scale bar is in mm. The picture labels are what came to mind looking at them.

Thanks Everyone!

dot.jpg

jelly.jpg

no idea.jpg

T1.jpg

tully.jpg

worm.jpg

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

22 hours ago, jikohr said:

T1.jpg

worm.jpg

These 2 might be worms.

22 hours ago, jikohr said:

jelly.jpg

This looks like a jellyfish. Not sure on the others.

The first may possibly be a egg case, or just a mineral stain. 
The second looks like a essexella jellyfish skirt. 

The third, fourth, and sixth may be poorly preserved worms. 
The fifth may be a poorly preserved Tullymonster. 

Hopefully others will chime in. 

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.

I will take a shot at this with the pics provided.

1. Looks like a piece of coprolite. The other marks around it appear to be stains that I sometimes get on my opened concretions that have been around for a while.

2. This piece does have the shape and texture of an Essexella asherae , but there is something different about it, especially on the left hand piece.

3. This piece I would say is just a mineral stain. If you did not collect these on your own, I believe that the person that did took this piece because the top portion might have reminded them of a Kellibrooksia macrogaster, but it is not.

4. Could be a weak worm or some type of trail.

5. As Rob stated, this could be a portion of a Tully, but I have a similar concretion somewhere in my collection that looks similar, but it is an Essexella.

6. From the pic it does look like a worm.

Hopefully others will jump on and state what they think you have. Good Luck.

• I found this Informative 1

24 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

I will take a shot at this with the pics provided.

1. Looks like a piece of coprolite. The other marks around it appear to be stains that I sometimes get on my opened concretions that have been around for a while.

2. This piece does have the shape and texture of an Essexella asherae , but there is something different about it, especially on the left hand piece.

3. This piece I would say is just a mineral stain. If you did not collect these on your own, I believe that the person that did took this piece because the top portion might have reminded them of a Kellibrooksia macrogaster, but it is not.

4. Could be a weak worm or some type of trail.

5. As Rob stated, this could be a portion of a Tully, but I have a similar concretion somewhere in my collection that looks similar, but it is an Essexella.

6. From the pic it does look like a worm.

Hopefully others will jump on and state what they think you have. Good Luck.

I concur with Ralph's id's.

I had the same thought regarding the Kellibrooksia

• I found this Informative 1