What species of Morrison Formation Crocodile could this come from?

dinosaur man

Hi, this just arrived along with a few other teeth, and I was wondering if it was possible to identify which species it could be.  It’s a Crocodile indet. tooth from the Morrison Formation Is all I know.  Thank you for any reply’s

CA02F97F-B28A-44B7-B4BF-F8C0415DFB32.jpeg

86BB6ACA-9FDC-402E-BFEE-850B3EB9C43C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Troodon said:

Not sure you will.  Size and location

@jpc

I don’t have the exact locality but I’m good friends with the seller and can probably find out and get that information to you pretty quickly.  But the size is 9 mm

I am looking through John Foster's book "Jurassic West" about the Morrison Fm.  Seems most croc teeth form the Morrison are considered to be Goniopholis teeth.  John is uncertain as to how many species of Goniopholis there are due to the incomplete nature of the specimens, and the idea that the minor differences in them might just be individual variation.  There are a few other crocs from the Morrison, but they are pretty small and for a few of them the teeth are not even known.  

Recap:

Goniopholis... most common Morrison croc.  Right size for this tooth.

Eutretauranosuchus... type specimen is a skull with no teeth.  It looks like teeth are unknown

"Fruitachmpsa"... size of a large house cat.  Your tooth may be the right size, but this guy's teeth are slightly laterally compressed.

Macelognathus... teeth unknown

Hallopus skull and teeth unknown

Hoplosuchus... puny; your tooth is way too big.  

I would be happy calling it Goniopholis sp.

• I found this Informative 3

44 minutes ago, jpc said:

I am looking through John Foster's book "Jurassic West" about the Morrison Fm.  Seems most croc teeth form the Morrison are considered to be Goniopholis teeth.  John is uncertain as to how many species of Goniopholis there are due to the incomplete nature of the specimens, and the idea that the minor differences in them might just be individual variation.  There are a few other crocs from the Morrison, but they are pretty small and for a few of them the teeth are not even known.  

Recap:

Goniopholis... most common Morrison croc.  Right size for this tooth.

Eutretauranosuchus... type specimen is a skull with no teeth.  It looks like teeth are unknown

"Fruitachmpsa"... size of a large house cat.  Your tooth may be the right size, but this guy's teeth are slightly laterally compressed.

Macelognathus... teeth unknown

Hallopus skull and teeth unknown

Hoplosuchus... puny; your tooth is way too big.  

I would be happy calling it Goniopholis sp.

Thank you so much for identifying it!