Post Oak Creek Microfossil Matrix for Trade

ThePhysicist

I'm offering for trade about half a gallon of microfossil matrix collected from Post Oak Creek, Sherman, TX. It's rich in marine fossils from the Late Cretaceous Interior Seaway (Eagle Ford Group ~ 90 Ma). I cannot guarantee what you will find. I however can comment on what you can find based on my experience with this site. Sawfish oral teeth are very common. You may also find a variety of sharks' teeth, with about 8 genera that I've found so far in similar matrix (Squalicorax, Cretoxyrhina, Cretodus, Cretolamna, Ptychodus, Scapanorhynchus, Hybodus, Cantioscyllium, ...). Reptile teeth are uncommon. You can find a few larger shark teeth in the coarser portion, but they will likely be incomplete. I also have a small sandwich bag partly full with finer matrix (basically sand) which should contain small prizes like shark denticles.

IMG_1821.thumb.jpeg.394914090ae97de5a4124523f7ac17ad.jpeg

IMG_1824.thumb.jpeg.d63d5cd7b005c030db4f1914f7be559e.jpeg

IMG_1823.thumb.jpeg.7199dbe0971a87f63a36258bc0a4cb3f.jpeg

Pleistocene fossils are also mixed in, so you can find mastodon enamel next to a Cretaceous shark tooth. There is no processing required; virtually all of the fossils are loose in the gravel. I will ship to the continental US only. See this album for a more comprehensive view of the kinds and quality of fossils you may find.

Here's what I've found before, hunting matrix like this:

* Shark teeth, vertebrae, and denticles (~ 8 genera)
* sawfish oral/rostral teeth and denticles (~ 2 genera)
* fish teeth and vertebrae (Enchodus, Hadrodus)
* guitar fish teeth, and denticles(?) (Rhinobatos, others)
* squamate reptile teeth (mosasaurs, coniasaur)
* crustacean claws/bits

* clams/shells
* pleistocene mammal (mastodon enamel, vole, etc.)

I'm looking to trade for dinosaur-bearing micromatrix (doesn't need to be processed). For example, from Hell Creek Fm., Lance Fm., Judith River Fm., or Two Medicine Fm. I'm also open to other unlisted formations. Alternatively, if you have a decent dromaeosaur tooth you're willing to part with, I'm all ears. Please PM for offers or additional information. Thanks for looking!

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

This matrix has been traded. If you are interested in matrix from this locality, PM me. 

I'll also expand my objects of interest for trading to troodontid teeth, ankylosaurid/nodosaurid teeth, Avisaurus teeth, mesozoic mammal teeth, or C. hubbelli teeth. 

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff