European Ammonites Need Id's

Shamalama

I recently purchased a large lot of Ammonites/Belemnites labeled as being from France and I'm hoping some of our European members might be able to tell me what genus/species they are. The only info I have is this: "provenance france département du Doubs 25". I believe they are all Jurassic in age based on the presence of pyritized Pleuroceras in the lot. I was able to separate most of them into a few similar looking groups and the pics are below. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Ammonite group 1

post-1408-12637651434621_thumb.jpg

Ammonite group 2

post-1408-12637651488193_thumb.jpg

Ammonite group 3

post-1408-1263765154463_thumb.jpg

Belemnites

post-1408-12637651594815_thumb.jpg

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Hi Shamalama,

I don't know any ammonite site in Doubs, France, but this department is far from my region. Some of them look like pyritised, and other not... Perhaps they don't come from the same area.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hello Shamalama,

the left one and the one in the mid which can be seen on the first photo seem to belong to the genus Amaltheus (subnodosus).

They are liassic ammonites (Upper Pliensbachian). With a little incertitude because of the little dimensions of the ammonites.

These are only the inner whirls of the ammonite shell...

Best regards

Sönke

http://www.Der-Steinkern.de - the german fossil magazine.

I had forgotten about these pictures... thanks for the help, Sönke!

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Hello Dave,i'm agree with Soenke,this is one i have from the Pliensbachian of Moselle in the eastern of France on the picture.You might have a look on this very good site about ammos:bertinjc.free.fr/Ammonites.htm it could help you to have the other ID

post-2325-12745356202091_thumb.jpg

Archived