Is that a bone bitten by a predator?

GABRIEL.P

This fossil comes from Richards Spur and it is Permian. I think it's a coprolite with a bone bitten by the predator that the coprolite belongs to, but I'm not very sure. What do you think about it?

Thank you.

IMG_20210129_195218.thumb.jpg.3d50e306735c880b3d241da1a7d64c66.jpgIMG_20210129_194817_1.thumb.jpg.288e6465b2394fa710bf7ba6c0a6994a.jpg

I'm not seeing anything I recognize for coprolite, bone or bites at the moment. Maybe it would help to focus on one visual task at a time. 

Perhaps some really clear photos (with scale bar) of the characteristics that you think show it is a coprolite? Then bone? Then bites?

The following paper might be useful in your deliberations:

https://www.schweizerbart.de/papers/njgpa/detail/296/93795/A_Paleocene_vertebrate_bitten_crocodilian_coprolit?af=crossref

When we published it, one of the reviewers gave us a similar test: Why do you think it is a coprolite in the first place? :zzzzscratchchin:

• I found this Informative 2

@jdp is correct. I found some of these in some Richards spur Permian matrix I searched through. I was curious so I disassembled a couple and that’s all they were.

1 hour ago, jdp said:

I'm seeing crystalline pyrite and calcite.