Professional fossil repair/restoration services?

Opabinia Blues

I’m currently in search of a fossil preparator who can repair/restore a broken pterosaur tooth. The other day I accidentally knocked a box of small fossils off of a shelf and several items broke. I’ve been able to glue most of the stuff back together with PaleoBond, with the exception of a ~2.5 cm pterosaur tooth (Kem Kem Beds, Morocco) that broke into two pieces, and the two piece don’t fit back together perfectly, Repair of the tooth would require filling relatively substantial cracks as well as painting. This is beyond my skill level, especially with such a small fossil, so I’m willing to pay someone with experience to restore to tooth, ideally so that the fact it was broken is barely noticeable. I’ve seen pretty convincing tooth composites from the Kem Kem Beds before, so I’m hopefully these results are attainable if done by a preparator with experience. 

Does anybody have any recommendations to who I could approach to perform such a repair? Or, better yet, does anyone reading this have any experience with this type of fossil repair/restoration?

I apologize greatly if this type of post is not usual for this category, I know that it’s essentially an ISO ad. But I’ve tried Google looking for people who offer fossil repair services and had very little luck, and I know The Fossil Forum is full of experienced and knowledgeable people and thought this was my best bet for locating help.

Of the preparators I know, @Ptychodus04 is one of the very best going when it comes to vert prep. Do send him a PM with what you need done, and I am sure he will get back to you.

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

14 minutes ago, Kane said:

Of the preparators I know, @Ptychodus04 is one of the very best going when it comes to vert prep. Do send him a PM with what you need done, and I am sure he will get back to you.

Thank you for the recommendation!

2 hours ago, Kane said:

Thanks for the recommendation and praise @Kane. The OP and I are now in contact. :thumbsu:

• I found this Informative 2