Are my fossils real?

Hello friends. I am really a beginner in the world of fossils and I want to know if my little collection consists of real fossils or just replicas. Your possible identification would also be of great help, thank you very much.

20210202_002857.jpg

20210202_003027.jpg

20210202_004115.jpg

20210202_004053.jpg

Edited by Granth

Hello, and welcome to the Forum. :) 

Your fossils all appear to be real. 

Others will be by with identifications, I'm sure. 

Hola y bienvenido al foro. :) Todos tus fósiles parecen ser reales. Otros vendrán con identificaciones, estoy seguro.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Just now, Fossildude19 said:

Hola y bienvenido al foro. :) 

Todos tus fósiles parecen ser reales. 

Otros vendrán con identificaciones, estoy seguro. 

Thank you very much

17 minutes ago, Kane said:

Los dos pigidios trilobites pertenecen a Coronocephalus gaoluoensis

Thanks, I was wondering if they really were trilobites and what kind.

Edited by Granth

Your shark tooth is Otodus obliquus

The ammonites are (from left to right): Douvilleiceras mammillatum, Perisphinctes indogermanus, and Aioloceras besairiei. 

• I found this Informative 4

You are at a good start, everything is real.

A good sign for authenticity is, that your specimens are not the best preserved or most complete ones out there. No one would bother faking a solo, scratched pygidium, for example.

And just to be sure (you already know that), the right ammonite is polished and the aperture cut off, but this does not make it fake.

1 hour ago, Granth said:

I am really a beginner in the world of fossils

Do you have any possibility to self collect?

Franz Bernhard

8 hours ago, FranzBernhard said:

You are at a good start, everything is real.

A good sign for authenticity is, that your specimens are not the best preserved or most complete ones out there. No one would bother faking a solo, scratched pygidium, for example.

And just to be sure (you already know that), the right ammonite is polished and the aperture cut off, but this does not make it fake.

Do you have any possibility to self collect?

Franz Bernhard

Thank you very much for your answer. Due to my location, I have no possibility of self-collecting fossils, so I buy them in some stores.

9 hours ago, Praefectus said:

Your shark tooth is Otodus obliquus

The ammonites are (from left to right): Douvilleiceras mammillatum, Perisphinctes indogermanus, and Aioloceras besairiei. 

Wow, thank you much !

It's a good idea to record the location and stratigraphic information with your specimens, if you have it.

From what I have been able to find out (I have some of the same specimens you have):

The Coronocephalus is from the Xiushan Formation (Silurian, Telychian age), of Wanmin, Yongshan County, Hunan, China.

The 3 ammonites are from Madagascar:

Douvilleiceras - Albian age (Early Cretaceous), Ambarimaningian Formation, from Mitsinjo, Boeny Region, Madagascar

Aioloceras - Albian, apparently similar age and location. (Not sure if it's the same formation)

Perisphinctes - Middle Oxfordian age (Late Jurassic), from between Toliara (Tulear) and Morondava?, Madag. - That's a broad area, I would like to narrow it down. I don't know the formation for this one.

Of course all of this stands to be corrected or clarified. It is difficult to get accurate and reliable information for fossils from the marketplace. At least I have given you a start.

• I found this Informative 1

Good news about the veracity of your fossils. Where is EEUU on your location ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

8 hours ago, Coco said:
Good news about the veracity of your fossils. Where is EEUU on your location ?

It is really excellent news for me, I am happy! I am currently living outside the United States

1 hour ago, Wrangellian said:

It's a good idea to record the location and stratigraphic information with your specimens, if you have it.

From what I have been able to find out (I have some of the same specimens you have):

The Coronocephalus is from the Xiushan Formation (Silurian, Telychian age), of Wanmin, Yongshan County, Hunan, China.

The 3 ammonites are from Madagascar:

Douvilleiceras - Albian age (Early Cretaceous), Ambarimaningian Formation, from Mitsinjo, Boeny Region, Madagascar

Aioloceras - Albian, apparently similar age and location. (Not sure if it's the same formation)

Perisphinctes - Middle Oxfordian age (Late Jurassic), from between Toliara (Tulear) and Morondava?, Madag. - That's a broad area, I would like to narrow it down. I don't know the formation for this one.

Of course all of this stands to be corrected or clarified. It is difficult to get accurate and reliable information for fossils from the marketplace. At least I have given you a start.

Your response has been amazing, thank you

2 hours ago, Granth said:

It is really excellent news for me, I am happy! I am currently living outside the United States

And can’t we find out a little more ? :zzzzscratchchin:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Hace 6 minutos, Coco dijo:

¿Y no podemos averiguar un poco más? :zzzzscratchchin:

Coco

Today my family live in South America, here there are not many stores dedicated to geology (as in the United States) and the collection of fossils in the country is highly regulated, so the only option is to buy in American stores, with their documentation correspondent.

12 minutes ago, jpc said:

this is confusing... EEUU is not in South America.  

Nice fossils, by the way.

Thank and excuse me, the information was updated.