carch_23

Hi all, would like to ask your opinions on these claws i purchased labelled as Pachycephalosaurus Foot claw (Juvenile) from Powder River Montana. Ive just seen some threads where some mistake Thesc claws with Pachy claws due to their similarities I guess. Just wanted to make sure or confirm the species of these little guys. 

Cheers!

The first claw may be a pachycephalosaur but it missing the proximal end makes it hard to be certain.

On the second claw I need to see a straight in photo of both sides.

5 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Thanks.   I would lean toward it being Thescelosaurus 

Oh really wow. After a couple years of purchasing it, turns out its something else haha. 

May I ask if it has got to do with the curvature of the claw? Not exactly sure but were Thesc claws flatter than pachy?

Thanks again, appreciate it!

We don't have much published on Pachy claws since we have yet to find a definitive associated foot with claws.  However paleontologist Tom Carr had an illustration of what he thought was pachy and one of the distinctive characteristics was a twist along it's axis while Thescelosaurus are flat like yours.

• I found this Informative 1

Oh yep read something about a twist in pachy though didnt really know where exactly that was supposed to be on the claw lol. Greatly appreciate the help! 

8 minutes ago, Troodon said:

You could see them here in this topic

Yikes shouldve read this thread prior. Thanks heaps!