Buying rocks from morroco?

Jurassicz1

So i really like the fossils from morroco so i would really like to buy slabs/rocks from morroco mostly the kem kems. So i could find fossils in the rocks myself is there anyway to do that? Should i contact fossil sellers from morroco? Is there some website/store that sells them? And i have seen many fossil morroco sellers that are scammers. Is there any really good sellers i can Contact?

Anyone with any seller contact information they would like to share should PM the member directly. 

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I have never seen anyone selling rocks or matrix from the KK even at big shows like Tucson.  You might find it wandering through the local towns in the region but there is no $$ in it and expensive to ship.

• I found this Informative 1

Your best bet might be chunks of buying fish bones or mosasaur teeth that are still in the original matrix. There's a lot of it on the market, it's fairly cheap generally and it's quite common that there are more fish bones and shark teeth in the matrix hidden away.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Most of the Marine matrix is from the Maastrichtian Phosphate Deposits of Morocco but its indeed a good source of finding other material

hi

the cost of the shipping is too expensive, and even you find somebody sneding you some bags of kem kem sand, the dealers will send you the bag but after taking all the goods. and the density in kem kem beds is poor versus the maestrichian marine beds of the phosphates.

• I found this Informative 1

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett ...