Mongolian dino tooth

FF7_Yuffie

Hi, been offered this tooth. Its supposedly raptor from Djadokhta  formation

it looks kinda Kem Kem to me with the color.

Afraid ive got to screenshot, phone wont let me save. Seller took some extra photos with a msgnifier, but quality still isnt great.

but hope someone can take a look. Thanks

Screenshot_20210203-084051_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-093258_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-093226_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-093309_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210203-093240_eBay.jpg

The matrix has the look of KK and it does look like an Abelisaurid tooth from there.  How well do you know the seller and trust him?  It's not a raptor tooth.  Preservation does not exclude Mongolia. 

• I found this Informative 2

2 hours ago, Troodon said:

The matrix has the look of KK and it does look like an Abelisaurid tooth from there.  How well do you know the seller and trust him?  It's not a raptor tooth.  Preservation does not exclude Mongolia. 

Its a seller I havent bought from before unfortunately.

I saw this and did an immediate solid pass. It just screams KK Abelisaurid, and the fact that it's ID'd as raptor as they typically are.

I don't think any Abelisaurids are found in Mongolia or China. Though, devil's advocate, it's some indeterminate Mongolian ceratosaurian, maybe a stem-abelisaurid. But that's almost certain to not be the case.

• I found this Informative 3

4 minutes ago, Kikokuryu said:

I saw this and did an immediate solid pass. It just screams KK Abelisaurid, and the fact that it's ID'd as raptor as they typically are.

I don't think any Abelisaurids are found in Mongolia or China. Though, devil's advocate, it's some indeterminate Mongolian ceratosaurian, maybe a stem-abelisaurid. But that's almost certain to not be the case.

Cheers

I scrolled past without reading about the toot at first becausr I thought Kem Kem, but "Mongolia" caught my eye, so I figured Id post it here, just in case.

Agreed, looks like a Kem Kem Abelisaurid tooth, (cf. Rugops sp.), none of these stubby armed predators in Asia or North America. I would say the northern Hemisphere, but the discovery of Arcovenator and other fragmentary remains show that they dispersed throughout Europe in the Late Cretaceous. 

• I found this Informative 2