PaleoNoel

I found this tiny, slender bone at a Hell Creek microsite during my trip to the Dakotas in 2019 with PaleoProspectors. I'm not sure what it came from, but I'm hoping it's theropod, avian or otherwise. It's missing a section of the outer layer of bone and I believe the interior is hollow & filled in with the ironstone common in the formation. The dimensions are 1.7 cm in length and about 3 mm in width. I would appreciate any feedback you may have.

In situ shot from the site:

601b78b5bdb93_HellCreekOddToe3(Insitu).thumb.JPG.66c89b0c74bd9b53a649b7ac1930759e.JPG

The closeup shots did not come out exactly how I wanted them lighting and detail wise. If you would like me to retake them or get different angles I'll happily do so.

601b78abcb3b3_HellCreekOddToe1.thumb.JPG.68c0120bb2cb1008229c4cca4e47f5dd.JPG

601b78b064b11_HellCreekOddToe2.thumb.JPG.ab4fdbb7b30b301d17a2aafe0e9c7633.JPG

2 hours ago, Troodon said:

Champsosaur rib

Thanks, that makes more sense as it did not have the clear indentations on the sides of what would have been the end of the toe & not articulating surface for other digits.

3 hours ago, old bones said:

Cool find! I cannot imagine what it feels like to find even a small piece of dinosaur.

It's a great feeling for sure! I would highly recommend PaleoProspectors if you're interested in hunting dinosaur or white river fossils.

• I found this Informative 1