Megalodon from Indonesia

Fotsirk

Hello i got this large megalodon  offerd to me

I know there are a large number of teeth  with restaurations from there.

So any advice on this one  .

The rooth look strange to me 

Thanks

image-08-02-2021_15-42-39-49.jpg

image-08-02-2021_15-42-43-63.jpg

image-08-02-2021_15-42-41-74.jpg

image-08-02-2021_15-42-46-18.jpg

This looks heavily restored to me, the overall shape is no where near normal and the colors and preservation look nothing like normal indonesian megs but a picture direly above it would help

Edit: Some close ups of the tip could also help I believe I see serrations so the blade is most likely real (although may not be from one tooth)

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Definitely restored. One of the worst boomerang megs I’ve ever seen, to be honest.

1 minute ago, Familyroadtrip said:

boomerang megs

Learned something new, indeed!

Note: How to throw them away?? :DOH:

Franz Bernhard

• I Agree 1

Entire root is fake, the cusps are restored/fake, along with the tip.  I would strongly advise avoiding this one.

41 minutes ago, FranzBernhard said:

Franz Bernhard

Carefully.... very carefully. :oO:  Or hand it to someone you don't really like and let them throw it away. :heartylaugh:

• Enjoyed 1

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

1 hour ago, FranzBernhard said:

Learned something new, indeed!

Franz Bernhard

Haha, you just place it on the ground, and run it over with a car. :P

• Enjoyed 1

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Megalodon from Indonesia
4 hours ago, Familyroadtrip said:

Haha, you just place it on the ground, and run it over with a car. :P

I just had to fix a flat tire. I don't want another

• Enjoyed 1

Either there are just more forum posts on them recently, or there’s been a spike of these for sale! I don’t know either way. (Of course, it could also be Jurassic Park style genetically engineered megs that time traveled from future scientific experiments.)

• Enjoyed 1

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

4 minutes ago, Thecosmilia Trichitoma said:

Either there are just more forum posts on them recently, or there’s been a spike of these for sale! I don’t know either way. (Of course, it could also be Jurassic Park style genetically engineered megs that time traveled from future scientific experiments.)

Mixture. I’ve seen a lot popping up since November-December. Hadn’t seen many before that, so not so recent, but not to long.

9 hours ago, Familyroadtrip said:

run it over with a car.

I am wondering if one run would be enough, considering all that sturdy epoxy etc. :headscratch:

But than:

4 hours ago, Scylla said:

I just had to fix a flat tire. I don't want another

Too much epoxy, indeed! These teeth are becoming a serious issue :Horrified:.

3 hours ago, Thecosmilia Trichitoma said:

Of course, it could also be Jurassic Park style genetically engineered megs that time traveled from future scientific experiments.

Don´t think so, too much epoxy...:D.

Franz Bernhard