Theropod/ornitischian Toe Bone (?)

TheItalianPaleo

Hi everyone,

Notice: im italian, so understand my errors

So this is a dinosaur bone that, after one year of studying it, i never understand the species or the family of it.

I buy it in Italy like two years ago, and in the old Times i was sure it cames from a Theropod Vertebrae from Morocco, Kem Kem Beds (like the seller said).

After 5 months of studying, i have contacted Cristiano Dal Sasso ( the one who have discovered the first dinosaur of Italy and other ones) and he said that i it was probably a toe bone from an ornitischian one.

After studying, it’s technically impossible to be an Ornitischian and for three reasons:

1. In Kem Kem nobody have never found an Ornitischian dinosaur before, so if i am the first person to found this specimen, technically i have a new species of erbivore of Kem Kem

2. The Brownish color of the bone isn’t a characteristic of the Kem Kem beds, the Kem Kem ones are very red, and they have a rusty texture on it.

This brownish color remembers me the Hell Creek ones

3. It’s a toe bone, and not like Cristiano dal Sasso said, this toe bone is not similar to a toe piece of an herbivore/hadrosaur, is very small and very short to all the erbivores we know (6,4 cm in length, 4,9 cm wide and 5,1 in height)

So now i will give you the bone,i will apprecciate everyone opinion,

Thank you,

TheItalianPaleo

3BCDE0FF-D9FF-4B22-B7E2-31ABE2C7C589.jpeg

C385D63C-B09F-43BC-901F-480B6A9A1D35.jpeg

I don't think this is from the Kem Kem beds. It doesn't match the preservation there at all.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

6 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

I don't think this is from the Kem Kem beds. It doesn't match the preservation there at all.

So what you think it came from?

Like i said previously, i think is from Hell Creek

The preservation looks like HC but you cannot definitely say its from there. It's not a toe bone actually looks like an astragalus 

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

The preservation looks like HC but you cannot definitely say its from there. It's not a toe bone actually looks like an astragalus 

The point is: do you have and idea where this astragalus come from? (The family)

by the say,what means HC?

Edited by TheItalianPaleo