French Spinosaurids?

dinosaur man

I’m wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on Spinosaurids in France?  Is it possible that they were present in France?  I’ve seen the subject show up a few times here before and was wondering what everyone’s thoughts were.  Especially since Camarillasaurus has been confirmed a Spinosaurid, it helps support it as Camarillasaurus is the second species of Spinosaurid from Spain meaning they were clearly prevalent there, but it’s from Northeast Spain, not to far from France.

Since there are spinosaurids in the British Isles, the Iberian Peninsula and in North and Central Africa it seems logical to assume there would be spinosaurids in France as well at one point.
So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if some turned up in the future.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Thank you for the replies!  I’ve always wondered especially since all these new European Spinosaurids, and odd looking teeth from France that there’s some hiding somewhere in the countryside there!

10 hours ago, jpc said:

@jpc thank you for the information!  I never knew!  I’ve always had a strange suspicion they were present but never knew it was actually confirmed!

It’s highly probable that a spinosaurid be discovered in SW of France in the Charente region, there are very important deposit in this region for example with that of Angeac. Paleontologist have some spino teeth but for the moment it is pretty rare remains. And the (carnivorous) theropod remains are rare at the Angeac deposit, only teeth of a carcharodontosaurid and a claw...not much.

• I found this Informative 1