Carcharodontosaurus

BellamyBlake

I have here Carcharodontosaurus teeth from two sellers. No restorations are declared. However, I'm suspicious of both and would appreciate more opinions on them.

Here's the first one, I believe the tip is restored. It's 3.78"

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Here's the second one. I believe the blade (circled in the third photograph) is restored. This one is 3.25"

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

I think you're right about these. I'm not experienced in spotting restoration but the areas you mentioned are indeed suspect (especially the first one).

• I found this Informative 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas.Dodson said:

I think you're right about these. I'm not experienced in spotting restoration but the areas you mentioned are indeed suspect (especially the first one).

Thank you, I wasn't sure if I was seeing things regarding the second one; was pretty sure about the first haha.

You really need a sharper closeup photo of the tip of the tooth on the first one to determine exactly what's going on.  Certainly could be resto or just matrix since the tooth is not very well prepped.  

On the second tooth I think the blue area is just poor preservation with the enamel missing.

The red is clearly resto and there are a few other patches

6.thumb.jpg.b3fda815bf9a6b9e33c8350551c5d9a4.jpg.e6e030b59cd4733f49237b1551b2ed34.jpg

This area in red is suspect would need a better view

7.thumb.jpg.adbc5db97e32a501c9abf83a1ed660de.jpg.e64c36be6565da693c3bb0f8f03bf3da.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

18 minutes ago, Troodon said:

You really need a sharper closeup photo of the tip of the tooth on the first one to determine exactly what's going on.  Certainly could be resto or just matrix since the tooth is not very well prepped.  

On the second tooth I think the blue area is just poor preservation with the enamel missing.

The red is clearly resto and there are a few other patches

6.thumb.jpg.b3fda815bf9a6b9e33c8350551c5d9a4.jpg.e6e030b59cd4733f49237b1551b2ed34.jpg

This area in red is suspect would need a better view

7.thumb.jpg.adbc5db97e32a501c9abf83a1ed660de.jpg.e64c36be6565da693c3bb0f8f03bf3da.jpg

Thank you. I'll avoid the second one. I am fond of the first one with my budget in mind. I'll get in touch with the seller and grab a photo of the tip