Serrated Dagger-Shaped Moroccan Crocodile Tooth

BellamyBlake

I posted this one alongside a few other teeth, but it didn't get as much traction as I hoped. It's the one I was most curious about, and extremely unusual to me, so I figured posting it individually would be helpful.

This is a Moroccan crocodile tooth from Kem Kem. It is serrated, and dagger-shaped, 1.02" long and 0.32" wide. Out of those I have consulted, Troodon proposed Hamadasuchus, though yielded that the dagger-shape is not consistent with those he had seen with those:

On 2/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, Troodon said:

Hamadasuchus is one croc from the KK that has fine serrations.  It's dagger shape is not consistent with those I've seen so let's see what others say. 

I've essentially used all of my leads over these few days. If anyone has a different theory, I would appreciate anything to go on.

Thank you,

Bellamy

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

By way of an update, I received potential IDs from two individuals who deal in Moroccan crocodile material. Both suggested this is a premaxillary from a gharial Crocodyliform, such as Elosuchus, though neither were completely sure. Hopefully this is of some help to anyone else searching for a similar answer in the future.

• I found this Informative 1