Texas Marine Turtle II

SATXPaleo

Uncovered in North San Antonio Texas in an area I believe to have been under water that had an abundance of marine life. This is an assumed "head" I unearthed. This is a picture of the left and right side. I previously posted some assumed "flippers". I want to know what you guys think. Thanks for your time.

20210215_165510.thumb.jpg.2c56794d89017cb935af9735abd3be73.jpg

20210215_163449.jpg

I agree that this looks like chert. That sharp edged cavity could possibly be an invertebrate fossil (can't tell in these pics) but it isn't what you think.

• I Agree 2

+2 for chert

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

The new pictures have not changed the diagnosis. It is a piece of chert.

• I found this Informative 1

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Being wrong is neither sin nor crime.  It reflects lack of a specific kind of knowledge,  if my car makes an odd noise I take it to a mechanic.  This forum is a starting place google is a starting place.  If you google turtle fossil you don’t see pieces that look like yours.  I learn best directly from people so I love to go with a group to new sites

• I Agree 1

• Fossildude19 locked this topic