T.rex Tooth?Please ID

insun

Please identify this tooth, unfortunately I do not have more photos available,
nor the location of the find, or any information, but I think that identification is possible anyway ... 
 maybe the color, the guidance of the curve will reveal something ...
thank you for your time.Luk

c60f131c-d42f-41b4-8cb1-4a4f84e41b9e.jpg  fe45c504-c9e0-4627-a39e-67a88d92e14a.jpg

9d7b07a5-72dc-4355-bec9-bf1fc39110d3.jpg  fea17405-126a-4c08-a9b2-b4bc280116aa.jpg

It looks like a Tyrannosauridae tooth but without a provenance it's not possible to identify it any further.  Location is the most important information needed to ID teeth not color

I'm looking further at the color and see red hues, not typical of North America.  Any chance this is a Kem Kem tooth that has been colorized.  Can we see a photo of the base, matrix looks like KK.

c60f131c-d42f-41b4-8cb1-4a4f84e41b9e.jpg.459f5ef3055e43b3c44d4b61affb1cd7.jpg.23e548481aafe41452ea719e032c99d7.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

3 hours ago, insun said:

Please identify this tooth, unfortunately I do not have more photos available,
nor the location of the find, or any information, but I think that identification is possible anyway ... 
 maybe the color, the guidance of the curve will reveal something ...

thank you for your time.Luk

c60f131c-d42f-41b4-8cb1-4a4f84e41b9e.jpg

fe45c504-c9e0-4627-a39e-67a88d92e14a.jpg

9d7b07a5-72dc-4355-bec9-bf1fc39110d3.jpg

fea17405-126a-4c08-a9b2-b4bc280116aa.jpg

My gut feeling is this is a Kem kem tooth. Often sold as ‘african Tyrannosaurus Rex’ as a marketing ploy to try and get an easy sale 

It's very odd this color even for Kem Kem. Possibly colored like Troodon said. If you'd like further confirmation, base pics would help. 

this tooth is currently on sale and the seller did not provide more photos or information about it ... it states that it is an unspecified tooth ...  I'm not sure ... but it seems to me that toothing (saw) leads at tooth of Carcharodontosaurus differently ... this one seems to me more like Tyrannosaurid.. the coloring is definitely not typical for Kem Kem, but I think it is possible ... similarly colored teeth of Carcharodontosaurs exist ... I don't know, deliberately look at it how does the saw lead ... and the overall shape of the tooth ..the uncertainty was confirmed here ... ..

I would contact the seller. If they refuse to provide more images and provenance information upon request, it is best to take your money elsewhere. ;) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

9 minutes ago, insun said:

this tooth is currently on sale and the seller did not provide more photos or information about it ... it states that it is an unspecified tooth ...  I'm not sure ... but it seems to me that toothing (saw) leads at tooth of Carcharodontosaurus differently ... this one seems to me more like Tyrannosaurid.. the coloring is definitely not typical for Kem Kem, but I think it is possible ... similarly colored teeth of Carcharodontosaurs exist ... I don't know, deliberately look at it how does the saw lead ... and the overall shape of the tooth ..the uncertainty was confirmed here ... ..

I am 100% certain this is a Carchardontosaurid tooth from the Kem Kem Beds in Morocco.  I would strongly suggest you avoid!

• I found this Informative 1

The matrix on the base of the tooth looks like KK.   What other convincing evidence do you need.  There are lots of large indeterminate theropod teeth in this fauna.

If the seller does not provide you any provenance does that not tell you something.  

That 3 image looks like a colorized tooth which has been done before.  

• Fossildude19 changed the title to T.rex Tooth?Please ID

it is absolutely enough for me (this proof) and they helped me a lot in deciding whether to invest in it or not .... I think it is already outside the price limit of such a big tooth Carcharodontosaurid ... so yes ... I say definitely no ... as Runner64 writes .. thank you all very much for your help in making decisions ...

19 hours ago, Haravex said:

Just to add rex teeth are not this laterally compressed either. 

Actually, that's what made me hesitate initially, as this tooth doesn't seem as laterally compressed as your typical Carcharodontosaurus tooth.

On 2/19/2021 at 4:49 PM, BellamyBlake said:

It's very odd this color even for Kem Kem. Possibly colored like Troodon said. If you'd like further confirmation, base pics would help. 

Colouring is possible for the Kem Kem, including the flaming pattern. Not sure whether the tooth would be coloured (why would they do that?) and the flaming seems suggestive of that since the colour is not uniform across the tooth. Yet, below is a Kem Kem Carcharodontosaurus that I has very similar colouring to OP's and that I do not believe to have been coloured...

Carcharodontosaur_tooth_9cm_001.jpg.7c87b5542261ce133b875f0d792b9cbc.jpgCarcharodontosaur_tooth_9cm_002.jpg.8dcdcbd17886164450399719bd78d33f.jpgCarcharodontosaur_tooth_9cm_003.jpg.aa32a17f0c76035b36e4ab6ef0928a4d.jpg

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett