How to prepare a Crinoid ?

AmmoniteEBR

Hello all! I went on a trip and have a large amount of crinoids. Is there a way to clean and prepare them for display? I have looked all across the internet to try to clean them, but my research has shown no results.Thanks 

!

It depends on the type of preservation your crinoids have as to which methods of preparation come into question. There are many possibilities, but we would need to see photos of your finds and details on where they were found, stratigraphy ,etc. Have you perused our section on fossil preparation?

• I Agree 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Posting photos would be most helpful for us to get you started.  :) 

• I Agree 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

With the exception of the lower left I don't think these are crinoids. I'd give the lower left one a going over with a toothbrush, soap, and water first. Any stubborn larger matrix could be scraped off with a pin or fine nail. It looks like limestone matrix. If it is and the fossil is harder than the matrix you could also give it a quick scrub in dilute vinegar. It wouldn't take much by the looks of it but try using the toothbrush first.

• I Agree 3