Part of crinoid crown?

Lone Hunter

Hello this is my first visit here, and no I didn't go on airport property but was on the border at a small tributary.  I have found a lot of crinoid stems on the past and this looked similar,  my best guess was part of crown.  Am I close?  I included couple pics of bivalves and an ammonite found in same place if that helps. 

IMG_20210219_142008589_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210219_142719767_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210219_142617446_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210219_143027593_HDR.jpg

Where did you find this fossil? And could we see a picture of it with scale attached? (a coin is not universal, I do not know your currency!) That being said, I cannot see the crinoid crown, but I am no expert.

~ Isaac; www.isaactfm.com 

"Don't move! He can't see us if we don't move!" - Alan Grant

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.

I thought the penny was the scale? I described best I could where,  small creek west side of airport bordering the property.  Let me know if you need more. Thanks! 

Ah, coins and other stuff are not proper scale, and rulers, or some universal scale needs to be used. :)

I saw that locational data, but where? I am assuming you are in America, so what part of what state? Cheers.

• I Agree 1

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.

Typically, a county and state (in the US) is good enough for a location.  ;)

Your first item is not nearly old enough to be crinoids because of the Cretaceous bivalves and ammonite.  It is most likely a group of serpulid worm tubes.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I thought of serpulid too, glad to have my ideas vindicated.

Thanks for help, I have a number of tubes but never saw calcified ones! Guess I was thrown off because they look jointed. I have found crinoid stems nearby, here's a pic.IMG_20210219_184253492_HDR.thumb.jpg.f40c3f55c95a14f15b187f48da47a1e3.jpg