Camptosaurus bones - ischium, scapula

FF7_Yuffie

Hello, can anyone take a look at these?

A trio of Camptosaurus bones from the Morrison Formation, Big Horn Basin --- Not associated, but all are juvenile. They might make an interesting central display piece for my collection if they seem ok. Are they as described, and does anyone spot any repairs or restoration?

First - Ischium, 13.2 inches.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Scapula -  Juvenile, 7.7 inches by 2.7 inches. Same location as above.

I am worried about the gray bit in the center. is that restoration?

Many thanks for taking a look.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Not sure what this is could be matrix

5.thumb.jpg.201e060ae5238da26b1f31944b80719a.jpg.a5866dc3690179a57c0494a468df9ed6.jpg4.thumb.jpg.508723d7ff74b356daab3313dff6f1d7.jpg.23c6da2d3e52464712cbc4470f845ded.jpg

Some Campo ischia you can use for comparative purposes 

Screenshot_20210223-035846_Drive.thumb.jpg.59b9a65aead054f6861b51da484e2dea.jpg

A PHOTO DOCUMENTATION OF BIPEDAL ORNITHISCHIAN DINOSAURS FROM THE 
UPPER JURASSIC MORRISON FORMATION, USA
Kenneth Carpenter and Peter M. Galton

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks, I'll take a closer look at the photos when I finished work. I had my suspicions about the gray bit on the scapula that it was resto, looks like that is one I will leave. Also, on my phone, but can't look too close, it is missing the top lumpy bit on the left of pictures E and F, or is that a separate piece of bone?

I'll look closer at the ischium photos when I get home to work, but on the picture you highlighted,  just above the highlighted bit, there also seems to be what looks like a whitish putty? Glue from a badly-done repair?

Neither descriptions mention a repair/restoration--which is always one of my redflags if the seller isn't open about it. 

So, had a chance to look at the images. I'm curious, the ones posted from the paper N and O show a curved bone, whereas the one I've got is very straight. But has got a break at the end, but even if most curvavture comes after the break, mine posted looks too straight compared to the others. 

Also, looking at images N and O, the shapes circled in red don't seem to match---could this be because it's a juvenile and not fully developed, wear/breaks/missing pieces of the bone that's distorted it?

Thanks again

2.jpg

On ischium 

I noticed that difference but if you look at J and R they show some extension.  About all I can say, not very common bone.

The paper indicated that the curvature increases as the individual gets older.  So straight one are from juveniles

Thanks for the help. The scapula I will likely leave, but I am going to go for the Ischium. The ID seems correct and it'll be a nice addition to my collection---add a bit of variety from the usual teeth and centrums. 

Thanks again