[ Baltic Amber Inclusion ] Helorus arturi, first wasp in my career described with my name.

My Dear friends,

Here a little showing up but i must do it becouse this is essence of my passion ( not showing up but resoults of passion ).

My first wasp named after me, finally <3 Helorus arturi was described by Jyrki Muona from Finland.
Here is the article and pdf file.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/343997607_Helorus_arturi_sp_nov_Hymenoptera_Proctotrupoidea_Heloridae_from_Baltic_amber
And a wasp pic.

Cheers !

Artur

:raindance::look:

77363034_5821SuperbWasp.jpg

• I found this Informative 8
  • Enjoyed 3

Fantastic! Congratulations!

:yay-smiley-1:

I'd be telling the universe, too! In fact, I'll just tell the universe here that I reached a somewhat lesser milestone this week. I found what is going to be the second known specimen of a gastropod species from the Cretaceous of the Mid-Atlantic US that was first described in 1907. Can't go into details until it's official, though. I know at least one museum curator who will be very happy about this discovery and having it in collection.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

Congratulations, Artur!  @vermiculosis

A wonderful discovery and outstanding photography!

(Moved to the Partners in Paleontology forum.)

• I Agree 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Congrats, an amazing fossil

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Congratulations, Arthur!  
Well done, sir.  :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Congratulations!  You have every right to be excited, and to want to "show up"!  That is one beautiful little wasp.  :wub: :wub: :wub:

Don

Thank you to all for so nice comments !  <3
Well this is my path - i am researcher   in Baltic ambers for science. Not for moneys or for be famous. This wasp was really important for science and Evolution of Hymenoptera world.
To be honest 90% of my "holotypes" going for free to the experts...
There we got 2 paths - i can try sell it for super moneys as something new for science for people not from scientific world or i can give it for free or really symboilc price for poeple from scientific wordl, experts, who can do something with it.
I am choosing second way.
Would be great  of course for some huge moneys for "holotype" but this amber world is not so easy at all..

Cheers my frends !

• Enjoyed 2
  • Thank You 2
  • I Agree 1

Very nice indeed! I've got a half dozen pieces of Baltic amber (wouldn't mind getting more) that were raw. I found a few interesting inclusions working them by hand, but nothing like that. :envy:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Hi,

I think Vermiculose didn't obtain his "partner in paleontology" badge on his profile :rolleyes:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Okay John, I thought he did it :DOH:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congratulations! And many thanks for contributing to the sciences! :)

Indeed, that is an exceptionally gorgeous specimen in the photo, thanks for sharing.

6 hours ago, jpc said:

Excellent honorific and photo.  (Is 'honorific' the right  word?)

Precisely so. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

On 2/25/2021 at 10:08 AM, JohnJ said:

If @vermiculosis makes a post in the 'Partner's Gallery', he will earn the badge.  ;)

Hey ho :)
I had already post there about my "copulating moths" first ever described from Baltic Amber ;)
But anyway - thank you for suggestions. I already post there about this find :P

Thank you to all for great comments !

Someone asked for Burmite - yes, a little i am trying but it is not so easy becouse so far i try to be an "expert" from Baltic amber fauna and flora - and burmite is Cretaceous - but i am still in interest of it and doing some attemps ;)

BTW guys - i am sorry for my english,
I for real was learn all by myself. So sometimes i can do not understand and also you can do not understand me i believe.

With best regards,

Artur

• Enjoyed 1