A few theropod teeth

FF7_Yuffie

Hello, I have my eye on a few teeth. If someone can take a look and see that they all look ok, are as described etc, that would be great?

1 - A Tyrannosaur premax from Two Medicine. 2.2 cm -- No county known, unfortunately. I know this is a tricky formation that overlaps many counties, so I may leave this one if it cn't be confirmed as being from there via preservation/colorisation.

2 - Tyrannosaur tooth from Judith River. Lewistown, Montana. 1.7cm, sold as a juvenile. The crack visible seems like just a minor bit of damage and isn't anything to worry about? It doesn't seem like it goes through to the other side.

I'll do another post with others.

premax 1.jpg

premax2.jpg

premax3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3 - Afrovenator Touraren Formation,  Agadez, Niger. Am I right that this is just the tip? 2.1cm

4 - This I have my doubts about. Majungasaurus from Maevarano, Mahajanga Province. Shape seems a little off compared to a couple of others I've seen--but of course, they could have been misidentified instead. Plus the size, 1cm, seems small. 

Thanks for taking a look.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

First two look okay.   Would need a lingual view to see if that first tooth is a premax if thats a concern.  Premaxillary cross-section should be D shaped not oval..The black color of the first one is more typical of the TMF. 

• I found this Informative 2

6 minutes ago, Troodon said:

First two look okay.   Would need a lingual view to see if that first tooth is a premax if thats a concern.  Premaxillary cross-section should be D shaped not oval..The black color of the first one is more typical of the TMF. 

Cheers, I forgot to mention first tooth is sold as premax. There are a few other pics, I'll post them shortly.

The 3rd tooth is indeed just the tip.  Its probably an Afro but I'm reluctant to definitively say that on a tip.

The 4th tooth would need to see all its characteristics to try to ID it.

• I found this Informative 1

4th tooth, here is the rest of the photos available. If there's any other views, I can request them if needed. 

Thanks for taking a look

2.jpg

3.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

@Troodon

The seller has messaged me some measurements. Hope it's hopeful. I'll paste his whole message and attack a pair of pics he included.

So crown height is: 1cm
Crown base length is: 7mm
Crown base width is: 4mm

Now the difficult ones, the serrations are very fine & with the tooth being so small it was difficult to get these, I’ll attach some pictures so you can do your own counts. Here’s what I got;
Distal serrations per 5mm: 19

The mesial were especially hard as you can see, I counted 4 per 1mm so in 5mm it would be 20 although it’s probably the same as the distal.

maj1.jpg

maj2.jpg

Thank you for the information.   Its a small tooth but the characteristics are close to a Majungasaurus so it could be from a juvenile.

• Thank You 1

Thanks for the help. I'll throw a bid in for it and likely one of the Tyrannosaurs too. 

Thanks for taking a look. Appreciate it.