Fake or Real Oviraptor egg and two different Hadrosaur Eggs?

Good night All,

please try to check attached egg photos. There are 2 hadrosaur eggs and one oviraptor egg. 

Do you thing all this material is fake.

Some person is trying to sell it to me.

Do you thing all this have red flags?

Best regards.

Alvaro.

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 18.21.37.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 18.21.37 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 18.21.37 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 18.21.37 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 18.21.37 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 18.21.36.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 18.21.36 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 18.21.00 (2).jpg

D.jpeg

E.jpeg

C.jpeg

A.jpg

B.jpeg

6.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

3.jpeg

1.jpg

2.jpeg

Edited by Alvaro

• Guest changed the title to Fake or Real Oviraptor egg and two different Hadrosaur Eggs?

For me, there's too little texture on any of the eggs for them to be real. Moreover, the first hadrosaur egg seems too perfectly round and undamaged to be authentic, whereas the second hadrosaur egg appears to have a sandy texture, rather than that of eggshell. The oviraptorid egg does have some authentic eggshell pieces on certain parts, but also has significant restore (brown part on one of the ends of the egg). As to the blue parts of this egg: I'm not quite sure whether that's damage or restoration (possibly with odd bits of eggshell).

Conclusion: I'd pass this by.

Then again, I'm not an expert on dinosaur eggs, so lets see what others have to say.

• I found this Informative 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

36 minutes ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

too little texture on any of the eggs for them to be real.

From what I can see from the photos, it seems that these are unprepped, covered with a thin layer of mineral deposit. I feel this may account for the lack of obvious shell texture. Of course in hand with some trial scraping and magnification, would be best to evaluate.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

The first hadrosaur egg worries me. Just doesn’t look right, possibly a composite. The raptor eggs look authentic but terrible quality and the second is missing most of its shell. The second hadrosaur egg looks ok. 

All 3 are real

Hadrosaurus egg 1 is problematic however. It seems there might be some composition so I'd avoid it.

Oviraptor is either poorly prepped or it too has some composition. It's missing a lot of eggshells

Hadrosaurus egg 2 is okay. I'd get this one

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all. I have two very important questions:
Can you inform us between what sizes have an authentic oviraptor egg? 
What weights have an authentic oviraptor egg without matrix?

Elongatoolithus type eggs that have been attributed to Oviraptorids are about 17 cm long.  However taphonomic processes can affect its length..  Weight is really not a revalent characteristic and a function of its preservation. Locality, shape, size, shell ornamentation and thickness are the most important characteristics to identify eggs to an oogenus

What do you thing about this egg? It is real? It is 15,5 cm long, this is 1,5 cm less than 17 cm.

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

Edited by Alvaro