Southeastern United States Sharks

BellamyBlake

I received a lot of teeth from the Southeastern United States today. I couldn't identify three. While many of these came from Bone Valley, I can't say for certain that these three are from that locality. The only provenance I have to go with is the Southeastern United States.

Here are front and back shots for each of the three teeth. The first two are 1/4", while the last one is 1/8". Each has cusps. I would appreciate any help with this.

Thank you,

Bellamy

Snap_004.jpg

Snap_006.jpg

Snap_007.jpg

Snap_009.jpg

Snap_011.jpg

Snap_016.jpg

I'm going yo say Eocene in age, My tentative IDs:

1. Cretolamna sp.
  2. Otodus obliquus
  3. Otodus obliquus

Location?  Nothing discerning to me. Alabama all the way up to Maryland could be possible

• I found this Informative 1

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

We'd definitely need location info to discern the ID for these teeth, but they are similar to teeth from  the Cretaceous lamniforms Archaeolamna and Cretolamna which I've found in New Jersey and North Carolina. Depending on the location I suppose Otodus could be a possibility, but I personally don't see it, especially given the size. 

• I found this Informative 1

8 hours ago, hemipristis said:

I'm going yo say Eocene in age, My tentative IDs:

1. Cretolamna sp.
  2. Otodus obliquus
  3. Otodus obliquus

Location?  Nothing discerning to me. Alabama all the way up to Maryland could be possible

2 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

We'd definitely need location info to discern the ID for these teeth, but they are similar to teeth from  the Cretaceous lamniforms Archaeolamna and Cretolamna which I've found in New Jersey and North Carolina. Depending on the location I suppose Otodus could be a possibility, but I personally don't see it, especially given the size. 

Thank you both. As teeth from various localities got mixed up, I'll just leave them as indeterminate; I was simply curious as to what they could be.

On 2/26/2021 at 12:13 PM, PaleoNoel said:

Agreed, don’t think any of these are Otodus.