Invert fossils from Devonian of Bundenbach

Shelley newbie collector

Any feedback on the authenticity and quality of these 2 fossils? I'm assuming the quality of the brittle star is not top notch, as the seller didnt provide close up photos but fir the right price, I might still buy it if it is authentic. Any advice will be much appreciated as I learned a lot from my recent post of a similar nature!

s-l400-26.jpg

s-l400-25.jpg

s-l400-24.jpg

s-l400-23.jpg

s-l400-20.jpg

s-l400-21.jpg

s-l400-22.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

They look similar to other specimens I have seen and owned from this location.

I can't see any red flags, so I say they are authentic. 

• I Agree 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Authentic.

no 1 is either Furcaster decheni or less likely F. palaeozoicus

No2 is a nice Taxocrinus stuertzii FOLLMANN, 1887

Edited by oilshale

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Thanks for the input! For serious fossil collectors these wouldn't be expensive but it is a lot of money to me, so I want to be safe.  Last week I purchased some fake crystal clusters so I am trying to be smarter! Lol

16 hours ago, Shelley newbie collector said:

fake crystal clusters

What is it and what was it pretended/supposed to be?
Franz Bernhard

31 minutes ago, FranzBernhard said:

What is it and what was it pretended/supposed to be?
Franz Bernhard

The first one was listed as Green cluster quartz crystal, 100% natural. The second was listed as rare yellow ghost quartz cluster. 5 minutes of internet research convinced me they weren't real, but unfortunately I did the research AFTER the purchase! They were both heat treated and partially simulated or lab grown. 

s-l400-27.jpg

s-l140.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Have Mindat help you identify rocks and minerals before purchase. They are The Fossil Forum of the rock and mineral world.

• I Agree 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

10 hours ago, Shelley newbie collector said:

The first one was listed as Green cluster quartz crystal, 100% natural. The second was listed as rare yellow ghost quartz cluster. 5 minutes of internet research convinced me they weren't real, but unfortunately I did the research AFTER the purchase! They were both heat treated and partially simulated or lab grown.

Thanks so much! At least these two seem to come from the same lab... ;).

Franz Bernhard

I saw those crustal clusters too and was tempted, but I had to wonder. The crystals themselves look real and they did a good job of assembling them but they looked too good to be true, and the clusters too similar to each other.