Sunshine Coast Great White Tooth? Rare Find??

2 days ago I found a beautiful jet black fossilised great white shark tooth almost 4cm long on a Sunshine Coast beach. I think it may be a lucky find as we’ve combed the beach for a few days now at low tide and nothing more to be found. I haven’t been able to find anything about finds in this area either. Not sure if anyone knows if it is a rare thing here?

Fossildude19
1 hour ago, Cowrie said:

2 days ago I found a beautiful jet black fossilised great white shark tooth almost 4cm long on a Sunshine Coast beach. I think it may be a lucky find as we’ve combed the beach for a few days now at low tide and nothing more to be found. I haven’t been able to find anything about finds in this area either. Not sure if anyone knows if it is a rare thing here?

Split out into it's own topic. ;) 

From the posts in the above topic, I think you can gather that it is a fairly rare find. 

Congratulations. 

• Thank You 1
  • Fossildude19 changed the title to Sunshine Coast Great White Tooth? Rare Find??
Shellseeker
1 hour ago, Cowrie said:

First, Welcome to the forum!!  It is a great resource for fossil hunters worldwide. I have learned things about fossils in Europe, South Africa, Russia,  Japan, Peru, Alaska, and even New Zealand,  all without leaving my living room.

Looks like a fantastic find as your Avatar!!! Please post a photo directly to this thread... easier to see for these old eyes. Here is one of mine,  but then there are lots found in either coast of Florida.

2015Mar11thGWText.thumb.jpg.713a3f35bc2c9149cebfa135e0488cf3.jpg

• Thank You 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Mike from North Queensland

Nice find :thumbsu:

In all the years of fossill collecting and beach walking I have only found one Bull Shark tooth on the beach while looking for crabs and lobsters in Townsville.

So quite a rare find.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...