Florida Teeth

BellamyBlake

I have here two teeth from North Florida. Larger one is 1.18" long and 0.25" wide; smaller one is 1" long and 0.28" wide. My guess was coyote or wolf, would these be accurate?

Thank you,

Bellamy

1.jpg

2.jpg

Brett Breakin' Rocks
3 hours ago, BellamyBlake said:

My guess was coyote or wolf, would these be accurate?

I think some shots straight down/perpendicular to the lens (in profile etc) .. will help as well for an ID. These obtuse angles sometimes make the subtle shapes hard to read. I suspect @Shellseeker @jcbshark might have some thoughts if they are able to swing by. 

Cheers,

Brett

• I found this Informative 1
BellamyBlake
4 hours ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

I think some shots straight down/perpendicular to the lens (in profile etc) .. will help as well for an ID. These obtuse angles sometimes make the subtle shapes hard to read. I suspect @Shellseeker @jcbshark might have some thoughts if they are able to swing by. 

Cheers,

Brett

Thanks for letting me know, I took a few more shots. Hopefully these are more helpful for anyone checking the thread out!

Best,

Bellamy

thumbnail_20210302_024523.jpg

thumbnail_20210302_025048.jpg

thumbnail_20210302_025324.jpg

thumbnail_20210302_025352.jpg

Harry Pristis

If these are wolf or coyote, they must be deciduous teeth.  In fact, I have not seen a canine I could identify as deciduous because there is always a smaller carnivore to which the canine can be credited.  I defer to @PrehistoricFlorida who lives in North Florida and who systematically collects canines.

• I found this Informative 2
Familyroadtrip

Not canid. I believe I sold you the one on the right at least, but possibly both. The one circled in blue is River Otter, the one circled in yellow is Raccoon. 

E27718FE-41C3-49F0-8E67-95B423644E66.jpeg

BellamyBlake
24 minutes ago, Familyroadtrip said:

Not canid. I believe I sold you the one on the right at least, but possibly both. The one circled in blue is River Otter, the one circled in yellow is Raccoon. 

E27718FE-41C3-49F0-8E67-95B423644E66.jpeg

Haha that's right. I lost the labels for some of my Floridian material. You did sell me these, and I believe these are right. Thank you!

Familyroadtrip

No problem!