Gorgosaurus Skull Painting

bone digger

Well I'm almost finished my first paleo related painting, just a few touch ups and I'll call it good. It is a skull of a Gorgosaurus libratus from Alberta. The canvas is 24" x 30", medium is acrylic on the background and oil for the skull. Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed painting it. :)

post-309-12641299850406_thumb.jpg

Edited by bone digger

<speachless>

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Oh ................... :bow: :bow: your good :thumbsu: . Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Bone digger, it's reminiscent of the style of early paleo illustrations...the good ones.

:goodjob:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

All of the above! Beautiful!

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

thanks everyone! I had wanted to do a paleo related painting for a quite a while, now I can't wait to do more! Today I am going to frame it and hang it up at home tonight. My wife is probably cringing cause she knows what is going to happen now! Our house already looks like a museum lol!

Hey Bonedigger... looks to me like that one tooth needs a little touchup of raw sienna. Better get on that and get it fixed. :lol:

RB

thanks everyone! I had wanted to do a paleo related painting for a quite a while, now I can't wait to do more! Today I am going to frame it and hang it up at home tonight. My wife is probably cringing cause she knows what is going to happen now! Our house already looks like a museum lol!

You can store them at my house. :P

This looks great! If you haven't submitted your drawings to Paleo publications you definitely should. There is a lack of good anatomical drawings out there. I put up a Gorgo here in Houston; what a cool critter. The tyrannosaurs were such awesome animals. The one we put up had some interesting pathologies like two broken legs, a broken shoulder, and a broken neck. And he survived all that and lived a long life. You should check him out and so some full body drawings.

Chris Flis

That is a beautiful piece.

You should get it digitized and made into prints, I'm sure one of the many print selling companies would buy that beauty to use.

bone digger, I'm a kind of person who is pretty hard to be impressed and guess what, you got me impressed! You have a awesome talent!

Thanks again for all the great comments! Here is a picture of it framed on the wall. The colors are not quite true in the pic but I think it still looks ok. I have already started another one, stay tuned! :)

post-309-12642988788477_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Bone digger,

that's one hell of a painting, wow. :o

I've just started getting back into drawing after a good few years. I used to be a tattoo artist for over 20 years but I could never do a painting like that.

I'm just amazed. :unsure:

all the best

Ade