Another Indonesian meg

patrickhudson

The root  on the black tooth seems too perfect.  Maybe I’m wrong?  Thoughts?

Indonesia of course.  

D6709772-D0A5-4CFF-89AA-2AB9F6B21BFE.png

Any red flags on the second tooth?  Also Indonesia.  
thanks for the help 

ED271D78-6403-4418-A6E4-1E8715DFB7BC.png

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Another Indonesian meg

I can't tell on the second one but the first, the root looks mostly or completely restored. I don't see any big red flags on the blade just polished

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

I agree with @Top Trilo. The first one has a dark blade color, but the root does not match up with that. I am also suspicious that the first one is from the US (most likely southeastern.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never seen a dark blue colored one like that come from Indonesia. I believe that the color comes from tannins and other natural dyes when the teeth are in rivers or in Oceans, where they are commonly found in the US. From what I know, most of the sites in Indonesia are on land. Again, correct me if I'm wrong with this.

• I Agree 1

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Both are natural, no red flags! 

Regarding the colors and locality: both are Indonesian, west Java, just different layers.

• I found this Informative 1

Imo, no restorations on either. They also both appear to be from Java. The dark colored enamel is less common from what I've seen, but I have seen it. I actually just bought a similarly colored one from Java