Posterior Squalicorax tooth

JM260676

15 minutes ago, JM260676 said:

Hello, I have a squalicorax tooth, it is posterior. 

Is it rare, and if it is how much would it cost

I don't think they are extremely rare. 
We don't give appraisals of price here on the Forum. 
It is against the rules and beyond what can be done from photographs. 

20210313_103834.thumb.jpg.fae2c04c8a7af7db5697202bdab2a82f.jpg

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Very nice tooth but it looks like a posterior Otodus megalodon tooth NOT a squalicorax tooth. Take Care George

• I found this Informative 1

It is a Squalicorax from Morocco. Very common teeth.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Okay thanks. but i have 2 questions

1. do juvenile megalodons have cusps\

2. Does Dicalymene Ouzergui from Morroco have eyes, because the samples I have don't appear to have any.

3 minutes ago, JM260676 said:

2. Does Dicalymene Ouzergui from Morroco have eyes, because the samples I have don't appear to have any.

Flexicalymene ouzregui did have eyes, but the preservation generally will not show them. Like most calymenids, the eyes would be somewhat on the small side. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Okay that explains alot, also for some strange reason I recieved a new sample and it has 1 eye on the front of it 

2 hours ago, JM260676 said:

Aren't otodus teeth supposed to have cusps?

Otodus is a genus with many species, the very common one Otodus Obliquus that you are thinking of mostly from Morocco does have cusps. Megalodon is also part of the Otodus genus and can have very tiny cusps occasionaly. Here's an image showing Otodus evolution. You do have a pretty cool tooth in my opinion

Megalodon evolution? - Questions & Answers - The Fossil Forum

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)