My Tinyobties ( Trilobites that are crazy small ) and some ..Coral? I have found recently

Itusuallyworks

I figured I would share little bit with you guys of some of my favorites out of my collection , the Trilobites I found probably 20 years ago near Grafton Illinois while I was actually geode hunting , 
The corals ( I'm pretty sure they are corals) were found in Gravois creek in St.Louis ( its chock full of them) .

20210326_144030.jpg  20210326_144019_HDR.jpg

20210326_143942.jpg  20210326_143952.jpg

• I found this Informative 2
  • Enjoyed 7

Nice finds! Thanks for sharing this!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Haha, that's awesome!

~ Isaac; www.isaactfm.com 

"Don't move! He can't see us if we don't move!" - Alan Grant

Come to the spring that is The Fossil Forum, where the stream of warmth and knowledge never runs dry.

The coral looks to be of the genus Acrocyathus. Would need a few more pics to verify, but maybe A. floriformis

Here is a paper that might be of use:

LINK

Edited by FossilNerd
  • Thank You 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Thank you for the link , by the way I like your blastoid avatar , I still have never found one of those.

Those tiny trilos are super-cool!  Nice finds!  I don't get many opportunities to collect trilobites so have very few but here is a tiny one from the Mississippian Haney Limestone (Sulphur Indiana, where you can also find blastoids!).  It is so small I am reluctant to try to clean it!

DSCN3871 (2).JPG

• Enjoyed 1

I like that one , I have thought of building a small sandblaster to clean them like Nighthawk in light did on youtube ... but I am also scared of messing them up , would make a lot of my fossil cleans easier and faster than my dental pick and magnifier method.. but also scared of ruining fossils.

The video if any one is interested 

LINK

• Enjoyed 1