Fish scale or shark denticle I'm guessing?

Bonehunter

Good evening all and thanks again for everyone's help and patience with my finds....to that end, here's another one. Stark shale between Winterset and Bethany Falls limestone Pennsylvanian. I'm guessing a fish scale or shark denticle (it appears to be inversely ridged or elevated in deeper layers). I would still like to clean it a little better (the brown-filled divit) but wanted some thoughts prior-it will help me decide how to clean it. Thanks all!!   Bone

1439184270_Fishscaleorsharkdenticlestarkshalemm.jpg.636f07d06a07cd42549a341cf58c8b58.jpg

My immediate reaction leans more towards inarticulate brachiopod. It's hard to tell from the picture, but is it completely flat?

• I Agree 3

I wondered that initially but it is more flat than curved. i've found more "fish parts" and no shells yet in this layer, but I'm not discounting that possiblity!....  Thanks!  Bone

Looks like a fish scale, but other views might help. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

2 hours ago, cngodles said:

I’ll throw in a rare guess and say possible Cephalopod aptychi?

But inarticulate brachiopod sounds possible.

Oh now that's very very cool!- I can see that more than a fish scale!!!!.......Lookin more into that!!   Thanks!!!   Bone

3 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Looks like a fish scale, but other views might help. 

I'll try! thanks!   Bone

6 hours ago, GeschWhat said:

That was my first guess.

Thank you thank you!- I've reviewed some mongrams and it is eerily similar and even cooler!!- thank you!!!... Will try some slightly angled views, then may try to clean the light brown "debris" but I've found that sometimes its just a different mineralization of the object..........cool regardless!!!   Bone