Need a QUICK ID on a Trilobite!!

minnbuckeye

I found a tiny object locked in matrix yesterday late in the afternoon and  threw it in the bucket thinking it was a brachiopod. So when I cleaned it up a little this morning, I was surprised!! My wife fell in love with this trilobite (loves anything petite) and insisted I enter the FOTM competition. I am torn between a very small Isotelus or the more likely Anataphrus vigilans. HELP so I can enter before today's deadline (for her sake!!!).DSC_0386.thumb.JPG.658d0a22ef419f1aec855e0fc1f8a0d7.JPGDSC_0387.thumb.JPG.c4955092f6e2fb10b1c076774b6c90e8.JPGDSC_0388.thumb.JPG.43226678afe1df7fe922a93ac865db04.JPG

• Enjoyed 1

Out of those two I would pick Anataphrus, @Kane and @piranha would know.

Edit: When I posted jpc's comment was first but now it switched, time stamps show they were 1 second a part, you asked for quick :)

Edit 2: when you look at the fossil ID section it shows my reply was most recent. the forum can't handle the speed :). Great find Mike what is the length?

Edited by Top Trilo
  • Thank You 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Hi,

@minnbuckeyeI just logged in and I don’t know if you’ve already submitted it for FOTM, but don’t worry about his name to do it, it’ll always be time to specify it later ;) Don’t let the lack of a name make you give up the contest of the month.

Coco

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

That’s the cutest trilobite ever! Amazing find!

• Thank You 1

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain