Nice Little Shark Tooth

hokietech96

It has been a bit since I have done a post.  It has been over a year since I have been out hunting.  I am days away for things to open up for me.... finally.  I am ready to just live in a creek and look for fossils for weeks.  I have been lucky to pass the time over the year looking through matrix from different locations.  I was very fortunate and extemely thankful to receive some matrix from @sharkdoctor.  These two squalus teeth are from matrix in Calvert Formation in central Virginia.  Each of them are just a tad over 1mm.

Found this one last week

139149884_MonMar2218-16-11.jpg.b353c2c9977735ff0e5ecfedcf75516b.jpg

Just found this one tonight

1946214084_ThuApr0122-56-57.jpg.1f8d4e18de3ecffeaae12fc97452fb74.jpg

1054706619_ThuApr0122-54-36.jpg.27224a8973f7cf53f8c0b14ddbefbb27.jpg

• I found this Informative 3
  • Enjoyed 1

Great finds, Mark! Glad to hear that you are about to get out. Have fun in those creeks and make sure you leave a couple of teeth for everybody else!

• I found this Informative 1

Nice ones, my goal is to find more nurse shark teeth. I enjoy finding other micros while I’m at it. You have to get down here some time.

• I found this Informative 1

On 4/2/2021 at 11:17 AM, Searcher78 said:

Nice ones, my goal is to find more nurse shark teeth. I enjoy finding other micros while I’m at it. You have to get down here some time.

Could not happen soon enough!  Can’t wait to get back down to MD and hunt with you. 

On 4/2/2021 at 9:57 AM, sharkdoctor said:

Great finds, Mark! Glad to hear that you are about to get out. Have fun in those creeks and make sure you leave a couple of teeth for everybody else!

Can’t make any promises about leave no teeth behind. Haha