Fixing my Collection with drawers and shelfs

Jurassicz1

So i got a few questions as im now fixing my collection. I might buy these wood shelfs. Is it good for fossils? N1

second question i got a cabinet drawer. I got some paper/cardboard boxes from a rock shop and i have printed out information about the fossils like locaiton, Age, Species/genus but will the printed paper be harmful? They are beside the fossil or under it.

last question. I made my own riker boxes and made it with this Backround. Sadly I dont know the name of the Backround material i used I bought this a few years ago. N2

N2

20210403_165611.thumb.jpg.7642d7fd661cd58665c9cc2428a16d0c.jpg1809619315_Screenshot_20210403-165701_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c78af04f16da42692cffd3a76e33ae4f.jpgn1

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Fixing my Collection with drawers and shelfs

Hello, I do not know what material the IKEA shelves are made from but, many of today units are not solid wood but glued up saw dust or particle wood with a cover over it. I would be careful of the shelf itself bowing under the weight with out a center prop. Also be careful of tipping over esp. on carpet. I would prefer to attach the back to a wall. Paper and boxes are usually acid based instead of archival. If you plan to make long term labels I would look for acid free archival paper and archival ink. The unit with the boxes would be nice but may have shadow? For open shelve LED light strips along the back have come down in price.