raptoreye

All just look like vaguely tooth shaped rocks, with no sign of any enamel. Are you searching in a place where any fossilised teeth have been found before?

• I Agree 3

Nope. Just triangular rocks. Teeth tend to have an enameled surface and some sort of symmetry or form along with more detail (especially on an occlusal surface or edge serration). These are just a collection of rocks that are vaguely tooth shaped. It helps to know the age of the formation you are hunting in and what types of fossils have been found there in the past. That can help to narrow down the possible types of fossils where you are hunting and guide the ID process. For example, anything that looks like it might be a dinosaur tooth from Florida is guaranteed not to be as Florida spent its time underwater during the age of dinosaurs. Likewise, suspected megalodon teeth found in a place with only Devonian exposures (hundreds of millions of years too early) would quickly put an end to that conjecture.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, raptoreye said:

Teeth?

What makes you suspect they are teeth?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

No enamel, no bone or root texture, and aside from a generally triangular shape, there is nothing to indicate these are teeth. 

• I Agree 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Yeah, sorry... These don’t look like teeth too me :unsure: