4 very strange brachiopods

nala

Perhaps somebody have seen these very strange shape before?(i saw a lot of brachiopods before but never like those before)the very big problem is I can't say the stage ,the location, the label will be "Known unto God " :)

IMG_7683.JPG

IMG_7757.JPG

IMG_7712.JPG

IMG_7804.JPG

• Enjoyed 1

Those are some beauties!  It’s a pity you don’t know when or where they are from as that would certainly help the ID. I will say they look similar to some Pennsylvanian forms I’m familiar with, but hopefully someone will recognize the preservation, etc to be more certain. @Tidgy's Dad will want to see these. Last one looks similar to a Punctospirifer, and the second to last a Hystriculina. The second one looks like an inflated and elongated version of Condrathyris while the first one looks like a finely ribbed version of Composita

Edited by ClearLake
  • I found this Informative 2
  • Thank You 1

Thanks a lot for the help , Hystriculina have the same shape,yes! :) it could be !,Condrathyris looks very close,Composita,i have a doubt,i have several Punctospirifer and i never see before these holes on them,it's really strange for me,thanks !

Hi,

can you tell that these are from the same location, if not from which one?

Best regards,

J

Edited by Mahnmut
spelling

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

Hello Mahmut,i have no idea of the site and if rhey come from different areas(i think it should be the case)  :)  but they really not have a common shape,i never saw this kind of  brachiopods before(and i saw a lot!)best regards

I have two very good tracks ,in fact it was told Timor for these samples,but i didn't find the ID ! 

SPIRIFER Sp(the exact ID?). Permian Timor, Indonesia

Productus gratiosus (WAAGEN 1884) Permian Timor, Indonesia with a good picture from a friend collection :)

Aucune description disponible.

The two other brachiopods have not a "Permian shape :)

• Enjoyed 1

Lovely specimens, but I can't make any better suggestions than those made already. :)

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png