Long time I haven't been here...

The Amateur Paleontologist

Hey everyone, The Amateur Paleontologist here - Hope you all are having a great day :) 

Haven't been here on TFF in ages, there's been quite a bit going on... First year university studies, work, life in general, Covid-19... But I've really missed the Forum, so I'm glad to be back on.

I've managed to carry on with my work on the fossils from the Danish Cretaceous chalk, and I'll be posting here some updates in the next few days. 

Really happy to be back here, and looking forward to chatting with you guys again :D

• Enjoyed 4

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Good to see you back on-line.  How's the 1st yr of studies going?  Are your classes on-line or face-to-face this year?  My eldest grandson is at the same point in his life and enjoying college a great deal, even though this year's classes are all on-line for him.  Since you haven't been on TFF for a while, I assume you are spending time on your studies, as you rightly should be.  Good to hear from you!

• Thank You 1

@grandpa Thanks a lot!! Yeah, as you can imagine all of my lessons are online. Even our fieldwork classes are virtual this year... But I'm still learning loads, studying the stuff I love - it's basically a geology course with some additional biology modules. The perfect combination for doing paleontology later on :) Although I haven't done any fossil hunting in months, so I'll just spend some time staring longingly at the stuff you guys on the Forum have found!

• I found this Informative 2
  • Enjoyed 1

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile