J Esterline

12 hours ago, J Esterline said:

It is hard but not heavy at all. Or should I say it does not have the balance and weightiness of a rock. 

My bet would be on a fungi of some sort. Super cool!

EDIT: I don't know how hard these are, but try looking up examples of the "Dead Man's Foot" fungi. There are others. 

Edited by GeschWhat
Added info

13 hours ago, J Esterline said:

It is hard but not heavy at all. Or should I say it does not have the balance and weightiness of a rock. 

What is the hardness? 

13 hours ago, J Esterline said:

My first impression of this was waste construction adhesive out of a caulk gun. You said it is not heavy like rock and it has the right color for PL 400, liquid nails, or landscaping block adhesive.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

On 4/9/2021 at 11:28 AM, GeschWhat said:

My bet would be on a fungi of some sort. Super cool!

EDIT: I don't know how hard these are, but try looking up examples of the "Dead Man's Foot" fungi. There are others. 

Had no idea “Dead Man’s Foot” fungi was a thing. What an Eye opener. Ha! Although I can see why you’d say this, I can’t say I agree. It’s just a different shape. 

On 4/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, diginupbones said:

My first impression of this was waste construction adhesive out of a caulk gun. You said it is not heavy like rock and it has the right color for PL 400, liquid nails, or landscaping block adhesive.

I mean, yeah I suppose but it was found a good distance from the house in an area where not even the trees were bothered by the construction. Someone would have had to walk past the tree line with construction material. But honestly, whether flora or fauna it has a look of having once been alive. 

On 4/9/2021 at 12:16 PM, LabRatKing said:

What is the hardness? 

It’s hard, like a ...walnut. I guess that’s a good comparison. If I can find my scale I will check it out